Inside Sales Representative
Delta Photonics is a leading Canadian distributor specializing in the growing field of Photonics. We are a dynamic group of professionals who work with research and industrial customers across Canada.
At our head office in Ottawa, you will be an important part of a customer focused team delivering high performance solutions to a wide variety of markets. Our product areas include optics, lasers, spectrometers, light measurement instruments and scientific grade digital cameras.
Delta Photonics offers a collegial, empowering working environment where we strive to add value for our customers in each and every interaction. If you’re the kind of person who enjoys thinking creatively to solve customer needs, celebrates success, is curious and self motivated with a desire to work in an open, fair accountable environment, you'll love being part of our team.
As a key member of the sales team, you will be jointly responsible for achieving customer satisfaction and annual sales targets from organic growth and new business development. It is necessary to work well with team members both inside and outside of the office. This position reports to the VP Sales. The right person can grow from this posting into a more senior outside sales role.
- Establish excellent working relationships with team members, suppliers and customers.
- Conduct research into targeted research institutes, OEMs and industrial companies with the intent of finding business opportunities for our company.
- Make outbound calls to these organizations in order to gain knowledge of their technical, business and budgetary goals and identify the key decision makers.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing dialogue throughout the sales process with a focus that each communication adds value.
- Input and maintain accurate call summaries in the Delta Photonics Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Send brochures and product information to the prospect to inform and create awareness of Delta Photonics and it’s capabilities.
- Communicate with the Territory Sales Engineer about the prospect in order to present and further the sales process.
- Create records in the Delta Photonics CRM corresponding to leads generated by web sites, trade shows, trade journals.
- Field customer inquiries by phone, fax and email both for an existing order or new business.
- Resolve customer service inquiries by answering questions concerning delivery dates, return authorizations, shipping information.
- Determine customer requirements, qualify commercial expectations.
- Advise price and delivery information and provide quotations in a timely manner using the Delta Photonics CRM.
- Follow up on quotations and proposals to determine if the solution provided meets their business and technical goals.
- Enter orders into the Delta Photonics CRM.
- Proactively monitor delivery dates and inform customers of changes to enhance customers’ internal planning.
- Assist with shipping and receiving as required.
- Read trade journals to become familiar with leading edge photonics related technologies and methods.
- Identify appropriate opportunities on bid sites and assist with bid responses.
- Understand our product offering and where it fits in the marketplace.
- Assist with updating marketing material including the website.
- Identify and monitor Canadian trade shows that are appropriate for our target markets. Assist with planning the sales activities of these trade shows.
- 1-2+ years previous sales experience preferred
- Post secondary education with a focus in Science, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or Sales & Marketing
- Prior knowledge of photonics technologies is preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a strong planning ability
- Self starter and success driven
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Excellent listener
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Service oriented with the ability to solve problems
- Authorized to travel to the USA and Europe
How to Apply:
Please email your application to email@example.com. When sending your resume, please ensure your attachment is in Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or text (.txt) format.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Delta Photonics thanks all applicants, though only those selected for an interview will be contacted.