High-Speed 4M Pixel Camera
- 2048 x 1952 pixel proprietary sensor
- Advanced triggering, up to 288GB internal RAM
- Interchangeable lens mounts (Nikon F, C, PL, Canon EOS)
- Frame rates from 24 to 190,060 fps
- Integration times down to 142ns
- Correlated double sampling (CDS) for exceptional image quality
- Sensor binning for higher sensitivity, higher speed (monochrome output only)
- High Speed mode without CDS for higher frame rates
- Monochrome or colour sensors
The Phantom UHS V-2640 is the fastest 4 M pixel high speed camera. The V-2640 steps up the frame rate of the Phantom V-1840 to 6,600 fps. With the most advanced sensor level imaging modes, there is an option for every application. Advanced triggering, huge internal RAM capacity, optional CineMag non-volatile storage and easy to use software, this camera is a flexible tool to stop motion of high-speed events in the lab or on the range.
Up to 7.8 seconds of full resolution 2048 x 1952 images can be captured at 6,600 frames per second with the internal RAM. This is then offloaded to a computer via Gigabit Ethernet, 10Gb or optionally to the onboard CineMag V for archiving and playback.
The sensor has 5 modes of operation to provide the ultimate level of flexibility to match the application:
- Standard mode operates at full 4M pixel resolution and uses CDS for the best image quality
- High Speed mode (HS) operates at full 4M pixel resolution, increasing speeds by 34%, with a small decrease in dynamic range
- Standard Binned mode electrically combines 4 pixels on the sensor (2 x 2 binning) which yields larger 27 x 27 µm pixels and a 1024 x 976 pixel sensor. The speed and sensitivity are increased.
- High Speed Binned mode increases the speed by 36% over the standard binned mode, with a small decrease in dynamic range
- High Speed Bright Field mode increases the pixel full well depth for maximum possible SNR. Ideal for clean images on bright backgrounds
Large 13.5µm pixels ensure high sensitivity with ISO exposure index up to 125,000 (monochrome, binned) or 16,000 (colour).
The optional on-board CineMag V non-volatile storage is the fastest way to offload RAM and enhances workflow. Transfer speeds of 1GB/s means 288GB of data can be saved in less than 5 minutes. 1Gb and 10Gb Ethernet interfaces are standard with data transfer rates up to 600MB/s.